A bit about me:
- I am the co-author of the international bestseller Time Off: A Practical Guide to Building Your Rest Ethic and Finding Success Without the Stress, a book that expands our value of time off, and how our rest and leisure are as important as our work. My ideas have been featured in Fast Company, Financial Times, Thrive Global, Entrepreneur Magazine, and other publications.
- I love connecting new dots and creating narratives, products and profitable businesses. When new ideas aren't successful, it’s usually because someone was overconfident about if a customer would actually spend money on their idea. I specialize in quickly shipping an idea to see if the market will pay for it. It involves a lot of play, unlearning, empathy, and a keen focus on usefulness.
A bit more about me:
- After college, I rode a bicycle to Alaska from Texas and learned a lot about leadership and emotional intelligence.
- I leveled up my leadership through Seth Godin's altMBA. I think it is one of the best entrepreneurial education experiences offered today. It is focused on the real skills needed in today's automation economy. Highlights from my experience include coming up with 100 business models in one day, seeking rejection by 50 people in an afternoon, and prototyping an entire book in an evening with a remote team. It sharpened my ability to embrace tension, dance with fear, make lean decisions, operate under ambiguity, understanding the world-views of others, risk-taking, critical thinking, storytelling, driving innovation, securing buy-in, and making change happen.
- I led product at Twyla, an art+technology company. We were financed by Google Ventures, and I was mentored by Michael, Jake, and John from the Google Ventures design team.
- I was Entrepreneur in Residence at Animal Ventures. Key experiences include producing online courses for emerging technologies, coaching Fortune 100 leadership on prototyping practices, and leading distributed software teams at the intersection of machine learning, robotics, and distributed computing.
- Lately I've been writing a lot and experimenting with a few businesses.
- So far, I have authored two books. Time Off and The Non Obvious Guide to Magical Meetings.
Snippets from my favorite books:
I like curating knowledge from great books. Below are snippets of wisdom that I find value in practicing. Maybe you will too?
- This Is Marketing by Seth Godin
- It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
If you want to interview me or get in touch about any of my projects, you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org